Thursday 4 September 2008

A Day Is A Long Time On The Web

This post, and future posts, will be about what happens after The Taste of Web 2.0 course.

The web world as we've known it changed again yesterday - dramatically!
Google launched an entirely new web browser called Chrome.
(It can be downloaded from the main Google search page.)

To understand the significance of the event it is worth devoting 52 minutes of your time to watching the launch video on YouTube.
And having used it for 24 hours I'd have to say that it is definitely quicker and friendlier than IE7, the new Firefox 3 and Safari.
ALL the Web 2.0 apps we have been introduced to during the course work better - even Blogger.

It again raises the issue of being organized online.
I've previously said that Netvibes was going to be a better option for me than iGoogle.
That's all changed.
The idea of Netvibes was a better option but in practice they (or maybe I) can't keep it working properly.

So, I'll be reverting to a combination of iGoogle (for material I PULL from the Web) and a Google Sites Homepage (as a single directory for material I PUT on the web).

1 comment:

Pleiades said...

I haven't read all your blog, but have you checked out googledocs?
Anything anytime anyplace......it could be useful?