Monday 11 August 2008

Problem with dumpr.net

My perceived problems earlier were caused by a problem at dumpr.net.
Some of my "artistic gems" on last week's posts would not load.
It turns out that was because the server at dumpr.net was down.

I guess this highlights a potential concern with relying on magical Web 2.0 gizmos for content on blogs/myspace/facebook etc. - Your pages are dependent on something beyond your control actually working at the instant one of your readers comes along.
This blog, for instance, would look even sillier if flickr, librarything (or Amazon on who they in turn rely on), and slide.com all had problems with their servers at the same time.

But, having pondered that for 10 seconds, that's the risk well worth taking to get the magic they do provide.

So, while I was checking dumpr.net, I just couldn't resist trying one more gizmo!


Digital Cameras Tools
Created with dumpr.net - fun with your photos

No comments: