Saturday 30 August 2008

Podcasts - Highlighting the need to be organised.

My podcast experience has highlighted a yet-to-be-overcome issue with using Web 2.0 technologies : How to consolidate all the discoveries in one central personal portal.

As can be seen from the haphazard and random nature of this blog, each activity is a revelation with a great temptation to be diverted to see where it may lead.
Such is the case with my podcast trial podcast subscriptions -  I've put them somewhere but can't now find them! They don't appear on my Google reader or my iGoogle page, or anywhere I can remember to look.
I particularly wanted to have Radio National's History broadcasts fed as podcasts so I'll have to go through the process again.

I'm guessing the final outcome of the Web 2.0 course will be to start again from scratch knowing then what is out there and having a single location that receives all the feeds - podcasts, blogs, videos etc (the things I am pulling from the Web)- AND the things I am putting on the web, like the blog, pictures and even websites.

This is desirable but probably worth holding off until all the modules are complete.

No comments: